Hiv Positive Test

I recently tested + for hiv. I am 19 years old. Its not so much the treatment and the fact that im hiv posative that scares me its the fact that i wanna be an old man one day. If i take my meds correctly and never miss a dose can i live to old age?

Yes. Especially if your T-cell count prior to starting HIV medications was not low (less than 200). Before potent HIV therapies came on the scene, the average time from HIV diagnosis to death was about 10 years. Add on HIV combination therapy and that time increases dramatically. The state of art will only get better with time so who knows what the next 20-30 years have in store for you. My guess is there will be advances that will help you live to be an old man. DW

Increasing immunity
My report from the CDC concerning HIV neg with symptoms