How can my doctor know?
Jun 5, 2003
I tested posative for hiv and i am getting lab work done in 2 weeks. My doctor told me that if i take my medications i will live through old age even though i am only 22. How can he know this without seeing my lab results?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Your doctor knows how well the medications work, especially if they are taken exactly as they are supposed to be, so he is confident, as I am, that most patients who get on, and stay on, antiretroviral therapy will do well, with relatively normal lifespans. If your CD4 cell count is low, your risk is higher for problems, at least until you get it back up, but that doesn't mean you can't do well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.