Jun 4, 2003
Many people ive spoken with have said that people with hiv can live their full lives. Does this hold true for people with a drug resistant virus. My doctor says yea, do you agree?
Response from Dr. Young
In general, I agree.
Persons with drug resistant virus have much more challenging issues with treatment-- more complex and often side effect-prone regimens and a lower likelihood of treatment success. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- People Who Spread Hiv With Infected Needles
- Can A Condom Protect You From Getting Hiv?
- What Does Hiv Rash Look Like Around The Mouth?
- Does Hiv Cause Sore Throat That Lasts Long Time?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.