6-12 mos., then STOP for good? Where do I sign up?

Dr.,

How confident are these doctors of acutely infected patients when they say that only 6-12 months of treatment is necessary for the rest of their lives?

Are you one of these such docs

And if this scenario plays out and an acutely infected patient stops once the doctor's predetermined goals have been reached by the patient, does that mean that (theoretically) the patient can resume his normal (negative, or pre-HIV) lifestyle? (obviously infecting others would ALWAYS be of concern (barring total eradication, of course!)).

Alas, all of this is still being determined, but is that the general idea these M.D.s have when they embark on this route of treatment?

To summarize: Am I mistaken in getting excited about maybe being 'normal' (or a reasonable facsimile there-of) again after the crushing realization of a (quite recent) positive diagnosis?

One last thing: What if my particular Doc. doesn't see the bonuses of this quite optimistic approach, and strongly recommends waiting? Is it just a matter of me finding one that will do this?

Thank you, your acvice/knowledge is quite useful at this time.

I don't think that there is any confidence at the moment about when to stop therapy, or when to resume therapy. It's merely an idea. BY

STIs VS. treatment holidays
resistant virus