Positive to Negative

My cousin just told me that he is HIV positive and he got it in 1996 while getting immunized for Heptitis shot. He found out that he is HIV + in 2001. He has been going to anonomous clinics and getting pills and shots to keep it under control. They are telling him if he keeps up with the treatment he will go from HIV + to HIV negative. Is this possible? His treatment is called antiretroviral treatment. He has minor symptoms e.g. headaches a few times, weight loss, and depression sometimes. He was told by the clinic workers that his infection is known as the acute infection, which is caused thru the hepatitis shot. Please help!!

I'm having difficulty understanding your cousin's situation.

Unless the medical clinic used a contaminated (used) needle, there is no way to contract HIV from a vaccination.

Antiretroviral therapy is the way that we treat HIV infection, and can frequently result in one's viral level in blood going from high ("positive") to very low or undetectable ("negative") levels. This does not mean that the person is cured of HIV-- when the medications are stopped, the viral levels return. During this same period, the persons HIV antibody test will remain positive, and should remain positive for life. BY

Scared I'm taking meds improperly
Legal Immigrant in NYC