Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can you explain these results Please?
Jun 1, 2003

Dear Dr. Young & Dr. Wohl,

Can you please explain the following results?

I have been taking herbal medication for about 9 months now with the following results. In your opinion is this medication doing me good?

CD4 count........555 CD4 percentage...18 Lympo count......3086 Lympo percentage.67.1

CD4 count........942 CD4 percentage...21.6 Lympo count......4361 Lympo percentage.62.3

CD4 count........444 CD4 percentage...21.8 Lympo count......2038 Lympo percentage.47.4

CD4 count........423 CD4 percentage...28.1 Lympo count......1930 Lympo percentage.45.1

CD4 count.........430 CD4 percentage....36.31 Lympo count.......1570 Lympo percentage..32.40

As you can see from the results that the CD4 percenatge has been increasing every test, but the CD4 count changed in the second test but remained sort of unchanged in the rest. The Lympocyte count and percentage both have decreased. Is this good or am I being eaten up on the inside.

Are these increases and decreases good? Unfortunately I do not have anybody to turn to here in my country, thats why I have come to you for help. Please advise.

A brief history of my condition: I tested positive about a year back, I had started losing weight, skin was becomming very dark and dry, loss of appetite, no stamina, insomnia etc... however on starting this herbal medication (not available for sale) all these conditions started improving, I sleep very well, I love eating now, I have much much more stamina and overall improvement in my healkth condition. It is as though I am normal again.

All I need to know from you fine Gentlemen is should I continue with what I am on or should I just stop. I want to know that my insides are ok.

Please do answer.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Response from Dr. Young

It would appear to me that the key measure (CD4%) has improved steadily with time.

Given that your clinical symptoms are improving, I'd stay with whatever things that your doing.

Make sure to continue to get monitoring, especially your CD4s, since this is the key set of numbers that will determine your risk of having an AIDS complication.

Good luck. BY

Previous
Meds for a while then no meds
Next
Buffalo Hump can it be made smaller by any means?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.