Are there any homes for HIV patients?

My sister in law was recently infected but we think some of the symptoms have been there for a couple of years. She doesn't have a job. She was living with her mom and dad but they are afraid of her right now. She is staying with me and my husband for a week until we can find her someplace to go. Are there any types of homes or nursing centers for HIV patients? She desperately wants to get into some type of facility to get counseling and treatment. She has had a drinking and drug problem in the past.

Yes, there are definately care centers for persons with HIV infection; though the specifics depend on your community and access to care.

I'd advise contacting your local AIDS service organization (can be found in the Yellow Pages) for local advise. Good luck. BY

stopped taking meds
Another cure question