new filll

I am thinking of using "new fill" or silikon for my face. I do not have hiv or hiv med-related facial wasting (yet). I just have loss of collagen from sun which makes me more gaunt. I tested pos march 2003 with a neg test a year ealier. My vl is high (over 300K) and tcells about 500. I am not on meds and orefer to wait.

Question--will getting either of the treatments likely cause an infection that will raise my vl or otherwise have any negative effects on my condition? Is it not advisible to get these treatments at this time because I am not on meds?

Thank you for your question.

There have been a number of exciting reports on the use of NewFill for facial fat thinning-- there doesn't appear to be any significant short- or long-term complications related to HIV and the use of the medication.

By contrast, I'd be more suspicious of the use of silicone injections-- there is little data about the safety, indeed even some concern about infections and autoimmune disease after silicone placement (remember the cases of silicone gel implants for breast augmentation).

In my way of thinking, if you don't have any significant issues with fat thinning, I wouldn't be advising injecting anything (or ingesting anything) that your body really doesn't need. Newfill and silicone definately fall into this category. BY

Are people takingf meds still dying?
Doctor Passed away