|This is what my doctor said
May 28, 2003
My doctor told me that with proper treatment people with hiv can now live their normal lifespan if medications are taken religeously. But how come on the internet it says i have ten years to live!!?
| Response from Dr. Young
I'd suspect that both are "correct". Your doctor is talking about the lifespan for persons who take medications for HIV. The "internet" and other places speak to a lifespan of about ten years for persons who don't have access to, or don't take HIV medications. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.