|This is what my doctor said
May 28, 2003
My doctor told me that with proper treatment people with hiv can now live their normal lifespan if medications are taken religeously. But how come on the internet it says i have ten years to live!!?
| Response from Dr. Young
I'd suspect that both are "correct". Your doctor is talking about the lifespan for persons who take medications for HIV. The "internet" and other places speak to a lifespan of about ten years for persons who don't have access to, or don't take HIV medications. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Genital Herpes Enters Body?
- What Makes Shingles Flare Up?
- What Foods To Stay Away From When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Ways Chlamydia Is Spread?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.