|Active Epstein Barr
May 26, 2003
How reliable is the pcr test for active epstein barr? Is there a good treatment for the symptoms?
| Response from Dr. Young
The PCR test is very reliable, though I'd venture that it might be too sensitive in some cases-- that is to say, it can detect virus in some persons who don't have active illness.
There aren't good antiviral therapies for EBV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Anal Warts After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.