|Active Epstein Barr
May 26, 2003
How reliable is the pcr test for active epstein barr? Is there a good treatment for the symptoms?
| Response from Dr. Young
The PCR test is very reliable, though I'd venture that it might be too sensitive in some cases-- that is to say, it can detect virus in some persons who don't have active illness.
There aren't good antiviral therapies for EBV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Hiv And The Flu?
- Will Most People Get A Rash With Hiv?
- Will I Have Hpv For The Rest Of My Life?
- What To Do If You Have Been Exposed To Herpes?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Does It Means If Someone Have Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.