Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Please answer Dr.Young recently diagnosed.

Dr.Young

I have recently tested posative for hiv and expect to start treatment soon. With the new hiv medications is it possible that i can live a normal lifespan if the infection is detected early?

Thank you for your question.

I believe that it is possible (though not a guarantee) to live a normal or near-normal life expectancy if HIV infected. There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest benefit to early initiation of therapy, provided that this is done during the seroconversion process.

After that, there still is a lot of basis for getting ongoing clinical and laboratory monitoring of your virus and health status.

The most important thing to me, is finding competent and experienced medical care; to work closely with your healthcare provider to figure out the best way to prevent disease progression and complications.

Good luck. BY

Setpoint?
Desperate, I don't know what to do.