Doctor, a very important fever question
May 23, 2003
Is a one night fever that goes away completely by morning with no other symptoms a sign of acute retroviral syndrome?
Response from Dr. Wohl
A single episode of a night sweat or fever would be unusual, however, some people don't experience any symptoms of acute HIV infection so there is likely a full spectrum of manifestations of ARS. If in doubt, check it out. See an HIV specialist and ask their advice based on any potential exposures. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills Sweats Chest Pain Thrush
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Painless Sores In Mouth And Hiv
- Is A Yeast Infection That Wont Go Away Is An Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- Using Soap As A Lubricant With Condoms And Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.