long term progressor?

Thank you all for the work you put into this site - you should all go straight to heaven.

I am recently positive for HIV. I was exposed to virus from a one time partner 3 years ago - partner since then is negative (so I am about 3 years positive). My question is that my counts came back with a CD 4 count of almost 1300.00 and an almost undetectable viral load! Do these figures give any indication about future development? Can such positive counts after 3 years of infection represent the possiblity of a long-term progressor status and a normal life span/ I am not currently on any meds - never have been.

Yes, the high CD4 count and very low viral load would seem to indicate that your rate of CD4 cell loss will be very low.

The verbage that you're suggesting is actually "long-term NON-progressor". Such persons will have a longer time than average to progression to immune deficiency and AIDS. Life expectancy is likely better, though there still might be a need for HIV medications in the future.

The key issue is to get intermittent monitoring of your labs and health status with an experienced HIV healthcare provider-- irrespective of your CD4 and viral load status.

Good luck. BY

dosing schedule
best options