dosing schedule

I started taking sustiva and combivir about 2 months ago, I'm very consistent with my morning pills but my evening doses seem to get a little messed up sometimes 8pm sometimes midnight. Is this ok? Also there is a warning on the bottle of sustiva to take on an empty stomach, how long after eating is that? Thanks

While not perfect, the key issue in practical medication taking is simply stated, to take the medications.

The good news, is that at least two of your medications, lamvudine (one of the parts of Combivir) and efavirenz (Sustiva) stay in your body for a very long time-- long enough that the difference on the occasional dosing from 8PM to midnight shouldn't make any significant diffence. I'd still try to work this into a routine schedule, since this tends to minimize missed doses.

As for the minimal dietary commentary with efavirenz, it mostly says to avoid high fat meals around the dosing-- so unless your eating your dinner right before bedtime, this shouldn't be an issue. BY

family member has aids.
long term progressor?