Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Dr Wohl, follow up to blood donation
May 13, 2003

Hi my name is Erin you kindly responded to my post about my concern over a possible HIV+ result from a blood donation. Well my boyfriends test came back also negative. Based on this information my DR tells me there is no way I could have it and that the blood bank gave me a false +. Me and my boyfriend were both tested for everything 10 months ago just as a precaution and we both were clean and neither of us has strayed outside of our relationship. Also I found out during that same blood drive one of my coworkers received an "elevated liver enzymes" result and he too was notified and deferred. He also went and got tested by his DR who tells him everything is fine and within normal range.

Anyways thank you for you help. I am very thankful I am healthy. This is a really cool site.

Erin

Response from Dr. Wohl

I am glad things worked out for you and appreciate your comments. DW

Previous
This is the wierdest case, what do u say about this???
Next
On My birthday I Found Out I am HIVPos

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.