are these changes significant?

Hi Dr Young. I wrote a few times about my labs. I tested pos in March 2003, after a neg test in March 2002. My first labs on 3-11 showed cd4 of 342, vl of 344,000. On 4-1 my labs were cd 3 and 4 of 351 and vl 575,000. On 4-9 my labs were cd 4 and 3 of 535 and vl of 328,000. ( FYI, I had the last two lab tests under a study which I have now know I can not get into -the study had a time limit and i was 2 weeks past the cut off of one year since last neg test)

1. Is this last change signfificant or is this a normal ebb and flow?

I am not on meds.

I'd suspect that these changes are within the normal range of variation (the ebb and flow) of lab tests.

Certainly your viral load changes if plotted on a log10 scale (like many clinical studies do) would not be significant. The increase in CD4 count would, at face value seem to be significant, but I'd ask you to look at the CD4 percentage for all three determinations-- I'd wager that they are fairly similar (say, within 2 or 3 percentage points). -BY

Husband HIV+and WifeHIV- IV
Have you heard of this new drug?