Sutherlandia

I saw that you were posed a question regarding Sutherlandia. The South African Medical Research Counsel had intended to do a clinical study on Sutherlandia because various reports had shown that the plant had a similar affect as HIV meds without the side effects. I contacted the MRC to ask when the study would be complete and they wrote back that the protocols had not been written and that the study had not been done. Since the plant is already in wide use, the drugs companies are not able to patent it. Biogenesis is selling the tablets very inexpensively. A clinical trial of this plant could prove to be most beneficial to many people who cannot afford drugs, but very unbeneficial for drug companies who sell the drugs. It seems strange that the study was never done, considering how many people could potentially benefit. How might one get a study underway?

Rick

I'm not personally aware of this data, but would welcome comments from any of our readers. BY

Chance of being nonprogressor
Rash reaction to Med