May 6, 2003
can you list a few types of alternative treatments for AIDS and how they help?
Response from Dr. Young
If one truly has AIDS, the only proven medical therapies are antiretroviral medications and the prophylactic medications to prevent opportunistic infections.
Call me a orthodox, but we had plenty of attempts of so-called "alternative" medications prior to the advent of combination antiretroviral medications (prior to 1995-96) and the death rate from AIDS continued. It was only after the discovery of protease inhibitor-based combination therapies in 1995 that the quantity- and quality- of life for our community improved. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- AIDS Infection Risk Touching An Open Scab
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.