Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sharing Toothpick
Apr 26, 2003

Hallo Dr. My sister came to leave with me and recently about two weeks ago she was diogonised with Aids. I have always had a skin problem which i think is excema related and i always have skin breakouts. In the 1 year she has leaved with me i remember one incidentwhile driving back from dinner, we had one toothpick in the car which she used on one end and i also needed to pick my teeth real bad so i used the other end of the toothpick . Iam always aware of the Infection at all times. Should i go and get tested for HIV?

Response from Dr. Wohl

I think the toothpick incident is an unlikely source of HIV transmission. Getting tested for HIV, though, I think would relieve your worry.

Be aware, casual contact will not place you at risk of HIV infection - even with your skin problem. Don't share needles or have unsafe sex with an HIV+ person or get soaked with their blood and you will stay negative.

DW

Previous
mixed status couples
Next
Fuzeon reactions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.