The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can you please help?

Apr 26, 2003

my boyfriend has been ill for almost 2 months.sore throat.weight loss and fatigue..2 days ago he got his test back hi is hiv+.....

they have done more blood tests on him but we are waiting for the test results.

so...we are deeply worried..he has cold sore.mouth ulsers and aore throut..we just dont know what to come and so worried..we sitting hand to hand and crying the whole time..he doesnt want no one to know,but this puts me on a strange possition . i just dont know what i should be doing meanwhile..(while waiting for the test results?

is there anything i can do to strengten his ammuene system..any good food ?or drink? he is 32 yo.and I WANT HIM TO LIVE...PLEASE HELP...

thank you for been there........

Response from Dr. Wohl

The next thing you must do is get yourself HIV tested. Your concern for him should not prevent you from also caring for yourself.

I know of no food or drink that will make a tremendous difference in your boyfriend's fight against HIV. HIV medications are his best chance and hopefully you live in a place where such medicines are available.

Also, if there are groups in your area that help people with HIV and those who care for them, seek them out. They may be able to provide emotional and other types of help.

If you need more information, write back again - DW

hi can u please check my symptoms
numbers all over the place

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint