The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help

Apr 15, 2003

first time in my life in nearly 50 years, I experienced SEX with Sex Workers at Thailand, As i am a family man with kids & sincere wife, too much worried if I will be having HIV. Kindly let me explain the action fully Firstly she was on the top & i used Condom( durex) before entering her vagina; next two times i was on the top & used Condom every time.Before intercourse. i asked the lady if she has been testing HIV medically , SHE CONFIRMED. BUT i have become very nervous& sleepless night since then if it is going to end my life!! Kindly advice me when i can test myself, what is the probability of transmitting the disease if used CONDOM & what is the prevention for future sex with my wife & any other specific avoidance/ get away from my childern. Your kind support & help will probably give me comfort in my life again. i promise that i shall never go for that type of SEX in the rest of my life. Await your reply . thanks & regards.

Response from Dr. Wohl

If you used a condom every time you had sex with this person, you did not become HIV infected from this encounter.

If you have any other, more significant, potential exposures to HIV, you should get tested.

Just so you are aware, people with HIV do not infect others through casual contact (such as playing with your children, sharing cups, silverware etc.).


AZT and skin darkening
understanding the drugs

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint