|Common Cold Concern
Apr 2, 2003
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'll ask anyway. I tested positive in Nov 2002 and neg in Jun 2001. My VL is low at 3,200 and tcells are high over 1,000. I am not on treatment yet. At this point, do I have to contact my doctor everytime I get a cold, flu, or sore throat?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I would use basic common sense. If the cold or flu is keeping you in bed for days with no relief, seek help. But if you catch whatever is going around and do not feel very sick, stock up on the Kleenex, turn on Oprah and wait it out.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is There A Peptide Or Protein Cure For Hiv?
- Are Nail Salons A Low Risk For Hepatitis?
- How Effective Are Condoms Against Hiv?
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- How Much Does Hep B Treatment Cost?
- Will A Person That Has Chlamydia Always Have The Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.