Question re Liver

I was recently diagnosed as pos after a neg test one year ago. My doctor said he was concerned about, among other things, my labs re. my liver. He said sometimes hiv gets into the liver and apparently someting re. te lover showed up with a high number. I rec'd two types of Hep vaccines in 2001 (is is A&B?) I had to retake the B vaccine late last year as it did not take in 2001. I also used to drink alot--15 years ago. Shoud l be concerned about what the doctor said? Do you understand what he is talking about? Also, can the hep vaccines affect my viral load or cd4's count?

I'm not sure what your doctor is referring to, although it might be a reasonable guess that some of the blood tests that monitor the health of the liver were abnormal.

It's possible that despite your vaccination to hepatitis B, that either this or hepatitis C has affected the liver. Alternatively, other medical conditions (like excessive alcohol) could have led to the abnormality. It is highly unlikely that the vaccinations would have caused any long-term problems with your liver, nor would I expect any issues with your viral load or CD4s at this point.

I'd be concerned only to the extent that you probably will need additional testing to figure out exactly what is wrong, if anything. -BY

stomach problems
hep c