one more question
Mar 24, 2003
Guy with high numbers again.
1. Are my numbers high even if I am in acute stage?
2. Even if I am not in acute stage, are you saying that the giardia be responsible and they may not e so bad after all.
3. If these are really my long term numbers (w/o treatment), what explains how I am so unlucky to have them?
Response from Dr. Young
Maybe the best way to answer your questions is really to have another set of labs drawn-- all else is mere speculation.
1- your numbers would not be too unusual (high) if your were in the acute stage.
2. If your in the chronic stage, and my previous speculation about a 2-fold increase in VL with giardia is true, then you'd have a viral load >100,000-- still high, and while not the worst thing that could happen, indicative of having more rapid progression.
3. We really don't know about all of the things that determine your viral load setpoint. For now, just call it unlucky, and figure out the best way to care for yourself (lab and clinical monitoring, medications, when appropriate).
Good luck. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.