one more question

Dr Young

Guy with high numbers again.

1. Are my numbers high even if I am in acute stage?

2. Even if I am not in acute stage, are you saying that the giardia be responsible and they may not e so bad after all.

3. If these are really my long term numbers (w/o treatment), what explains how I am so unlucky to have them?

Maybe the best way to answer your questions is really to have another set of labs drawn-- all else is mere speculation.

1- your numbers would not be too unusual (high) if your were in the acute stage.

2. If your in the chronic stage, and my previous speculation about a 2-fold increase in VL with giardia is true, then you'd have a viral load >100,000-- still high, and while not the worst thing that could happen, indicative of having more rapid progression.

3. We really don't know about all of the things that determine your viral load setpoint. For now, just call it unlucky, and figure out the best way to care for yourself (lab and clinical monitoring, medications, when appropriate).

Good luck. -BY

At Peace
VIDEX EC, VIRACEPT, VIREAD Food/Timing Requirements