Claims of the so called

Hello Dr Young

I'm just writing to ask you what you think about the claims of Nigerian doctor Jeremiah Abalaka, who says he has not only created a cure for HIV, but also a vaccine that prevents you from contracting HIV. According to sources, he has already injected himself with HIV+ blood six times, and the vaccine has protected him.

I also want to know what you think of the claims of the Singaporean pharmaceutical firm that specializes in traditional Chinese medicine. They claim to have created a pill that cures HIV. They tested it on AIDS patients 5 years ago in Cambodia and the patients gained healthier appetites and became stronger. Apparently the pill was originally used to treat skin disorders like psoriasis, but has yeilded positive results in HIV+ people.

Curious about cure

I'd be very cautious about drawing conclusions from these studies, since, to my knowledge, they have neither been formally presented at any one of the frequent scientific meetings nor replicated by independent investigators.

To date, despite billions of dollars invested in vaccines or antivirals, no "cure" has been demonstrated. This, certainly, is not to say that a "cure" is desperately needed or desired. -BY

RE: peripheral neuropathy, start treatment?
stomach problems