Influencing Viral Load

I was tested positive a year ago. My Viral Load has stayed relatively high @100,000 and this seems to have meant that my CD4 count keeps on dropping and will continue to drop.

In your opinion is there anything I can do to reduce the impact of the Viral Load apart from medication?

Once my CD4 drops to below 250, I have been advised that I will have to start meds. .

If I can help influence my viral load in anyway ... I would like to try.

The natural history of HIV infection is what you are experiencing. The CD4 cell count declines at a rate that is proportional to your viral load (the higher the viral load, the faster the drop in CD4 cells).

There are certainly things that people do that make their CD4 cells drop quicker such as cocaine and eating poorly. Short of avoiding such negative factors, keeping in good general health, exercising and seeing a health professional regularly I know of no other way you can keep you slumping T-cells from dropping further. DW

Smoking
Early Treatment Question