Mar 12, 2003
Thanks in advance for answering this question, I have sent this question 3 times but not yet got a reply. Please answer if possible. Does smoking effect your cd4 count. I smoke approx 3-5 cigs a day plus the occasional joint and was wandering if I am effecting my cd4 count by doing so. I do understand the dangers of smoking in the long term.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I don't know of a study that has demonstrated a direct effect of smoking on CD4 cell counts. Remember though, quantity does not equal quality and if I was to read that CD4 cells did not function as well in smokers as in people who did not smoke, I would not be surprised. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.