Recent HIV infection (high levels) to AIDS

I was recently diagnosed with HIV (still in the acute phase). My initial CD4 count was 139 and my initial viral load was over 750,000. What is known about the progression from HIV to AIDS for someone with such a large amount of the virus upon initial infection?

For persons with acute HIV infection, viral loads can be very high-- such levels generally don't correlate to the viral load set point during the stable, or chronic phase of the disease.

For patients with chronic infection (after the acute phase), persons with high viral loads are at greater risk of rapid CD4 cell decline and (independently) greater risk of having HIV disease progression and/or AIDS defining-illnesses.

Hope this helps, BY

A little worried
Early start of therapy