False positive

Hi doctor,

I had a local rush period on my skin, particularlly in the back area. My doctor ordered a HIV test and my result was positive, after that I run a Western and I got positive in all the bands. I have been reading and counsulting doctors and a friend of me who is virologist told me that even is unusual a false positive result can occurs since my rush was produce by a virus. My cd4/cd8 counts are perfect. What can I do ?

I'd have a repeat test done, just to make sure that the result wasn't an error.

If confirmed, then the next thing to do is to find a local HIV treatment specialist. She or he can help with education and further medical monitoring.

Hope this helps, BY

what options do I have now
Medical Expertise