Feb 24, 2003
I had a local rush period on my skin, particularlly in the back area. My doctor ordered a HIV test and my result was positive, after that I run a Western and I got positive in all the bands. I have been reading and counsulting doctors and a friend of me who is virologist told me that even is unusual a false positive result can occurs since my rush was produce by a virus. My cd4/cd8 counts are perfect. What can I do ?
| Response from Dr. Young
I'd have a repeat test done, just to make sure that the result wasn't an error.
If confirmed, then the next thing to do is to find a local HIV treatment specialist. She or he can help with education and further medical monitoring.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.