Are the guys in the UK as clever as you?

Hi

I live in the UK and have been recently infected with HIV!

In the US it seems that you are really on the ball as to whats new and whats going on! I imagine most of the research happens there!

Do you know if the Docs in the UK are as good? We have the National Health Service here (so no one has to worry about paying for meds) but that probably restricts what we can have (very expensive drugs are often restricted)

Do you know of any statistics that compare US and UK survival rates?

Many thanks

Avid UK Thebody fan!

Unfortunately, it is as you suspect, we here in the US are smarter.

Just kidding. There are great HIV clinicians on your side of the pond and I know of no data that indicate any less chance of treatment success there compared to here.

Most of the major HIV treatment centers are in London. No matter where you are though, you need to make certain your clinician has extensive experience treating HIV and is someone you can work with. DW

Sustiva - change from 3 to 1 a day
what options do I have now