Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Help Me its Urgent
Feb 23, 2003

Hi David I ama 25 year old normal male just fewdays back i happened to meet a female who looked normal and healthy and pretty fat.We had little drinks and happend to kiss each other she said that she was hiv free and she tests reguarly.I did kiss her and it was a dry kiss.I happend to suck her breast she said lick me below but did kiss it but didt like to do it but insted i fingured her and gave her pleasure i have no cuts in my fingues and we did try intercourseusing a condom but i had cum before so didt go in she tried to sit on me doing horse but icouldt put it in the condome was still on later on i then removed the condom asked her to kiss me on my lips and i mastrubated with my hands and pleasedmy self but this female did have oral with me. All i am worried is and really tensed need you to help me what are the symptoms of aids can i test it now in one week after having so called sex and does oral sex thats she giving me blow job cause aids or hiv or me just kissing her virgaina lips caues it with the view that you would guideme what to do am writing this mail to you.

Response from Dr. Wohl

Whew, I appreciate all the details. The good news is that what you describe (in quite a bit of detail) sounds pretty low risk from an HIV transmission standpoint. Oral sex carries a very very tiny risk of transmitting HIV and your failed attempts at penile-vaginal sex does not seem to be relevant.

The bad news is that if you are still worried, it will take about 3 months for you to be sure as it can take as long as 3 months for the antibodies the HIV test looks for to emerge.

Overall, though, from what you say, I'd say your chances of having been infected with HIV were close to nil. DW

Previous
Average Rise in CD4 count
Next
PCP prophylaxis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.