Am I in denial?

Dr. Wohl...thanks for your feedback on my earlier post regarding my HIV test. You're right about renting a comedy flick and wait for the test result. I'm happy to say that the test came back NEGATIVE!!! What a relieve!

Anyway, I have another one question, but this is unrelated to HIV. My problem started when I tried to suppress the cold sore (Herpes simplex) with Valtrex. I consulted with a pharmacist about some expired Valtrex that I had and he told me that it's Ok to use them. Two weeks into the course, I started to experience all kinds of problems and ended up in the emergency room serveral times due to serious respitory problems. My family doctor ran a series of blood tests, TB test and numberous chest x-rays and all came back negative.

I never have a problem with shortness of breath thoughout my adult life until I started taking a combination of out dated Valtrex and over the counter medications.

Do you know if taking expired medications can lead to my breathing problem? Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

Glad about your HIV test. As far as a bad reaction to expired Valtrex, I think this is unlikely. Your cold sore may have been a sign of a brewing respiratory tract infection which occured coincidentally with your taking teh medication. DW

Thanks...
Testing after 23 weeks