Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

AIDS

how long has AIDS been around?

A long time. It is really interesting and scary to think that the HIV virus has probably existed for perhaps 100 years or more and that before this there existed for a much longer period the animal virus that mutated to become HIV.

There are some who believe it was only when people started to encroach on remote wild places, cutting down trees, killing and eating animals including primates and living in heavily forested areas bustling with a universe of macroscopic and microscopic life, that we encountered deadly viruses like HIV and ebola.

After the transfer of the virus to the first human it probably took many decades to enter into a broader human population and then become the pandemic it is today. DW

Texas agrees with NY on window period -- Please Post
Dave, my man, talk to me