Texas agrees with NY on window period -- Please Post

Dear Dr. Wohl,

Thanks for all the great information you have on this forum. I have found the information to be very helpful over the last couple of months.

I notice that many people ask about the window period. Some time ago you posted a formal notice from the New York Department of Health in which it said that it had officially changed its opinion of the window period to 3 months.

I just thought that you might like to know that the Texas Department of Health has also officially changed its policy regarding the window period. Texas also uses a window period of 3 months. In fact, it came out with an announcement that is almost the same as New York's -- word for word. I think that this is confirmation that 3 months is being accepted as the official time at which one can get a definitive answer on their antibody tests.

You can find the announcement for the state of Texas at http://www.tdh.state.tx.us/hivstd/educate/facts/window.pdf.

I hope that you will post this letter since I think it will be encouraging to to your readers and fans.

Thanks,

PRB

Thanks much for the info. I am sure this will be a help to many. DW

eyob worku (Starting meds)
AIDS