Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Texas agrees with NY on window period -- Please Post
Feb 23, 2003

Dear Dr. Wohl,

Thanks for all the great information you have on this forum. I have found the information to be very helpful over the last couple of months.

I notice that many people ask about the window period. Some time ago you posted a formal notice from the New York Department of Health in which it said that it had officially changed its opinion of the window period to 3 months.

I just thought that you might like to know that the Texas Department of Health has also officially changed its policy regarding the window period. Texas also uses a window period of 3 months. In fact, it came out with an announcement that is almost the same as New York's -- word for word. I think that this is confirmation that 3 months is being accepted as the official time at which one can get a definitive answer on their antibody tests.

You can find the announcement for the state of Texas at http://www.tdh.state.tx.us/hivstd/educate/facts/window.pdf.

I hope that you will post this letter since I think it will be encouraging to to your readers and fans.

Thanks,

PRB

Response from Dr. Wohl

Thanks much for the info. I am sure this will be a help to many. DW

Previous
eyob worku (Starting meds)
Next
AIDS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.