Should I start treatment right now

I hope you will answer my question. I will like to know if I should wait for treatment or start treatment. My t-cells are 409 and 9 thousand copies. I am 23 years old. The first blood work I did was 209 and 11 thousand copies. But they went up by themselves. I know there are different opinions about this but I will like your input. My doctor said I should wait and it could even take years before I start treament. I hope this time someone asnwers my question thank you in advance.

Thanks for your question.

Your labs point out the tremendous variability in CD4 cell counts from a day-to-day basis. I'd have you take a glance at the CD4%-- I'd suspect that there a little less variation.

As to the question about starting or not, if the CD4 counts remain above 400, many would have you defer on starting. I'd probably repeat the CD4 count in a month or two, provider that you're not having any symptoms. Both tests verify that your viral load is pretty low, implying that you're not likely to have a lot of loss of immune health while waiting to sort these issues out.

In the meanwhile, I'd learn as much as possible about your potential treatment options and ways to make adherence a reasonable issue for you and your treatments, should you need to start.

Hope this helps, BY

Sustiva causing resistance to other nNRTIs
Blood HIV vs Semen HIV concentrations