RE Acute HIV Recent Answer x3

Dear Dr Wohl, just to tell you that my 21 week test was negative given your reply regarding the fact most people will test within 6 weeks I feel I am safe to say I am ok.

I am absolutely amazed at how many 'symptoms' I have had and even now have still got a sore gland in my neck, yet I am sure that by 21 weeks I would have showed if I had HIV.

Thanks for this forum it has been a great comfort to me during the last 5 months, in particular seeing that a vast majority seem to have 'anxiety' problems that introduce all sorts of physical effects making their worrying worse.

I was always going to be tested to make sure but for a long while I was convinced I had the decease. I am just glad its now all over.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Hi

I am glad your test returned negative. As I said previously, current HIV antibody tests used in the US and in many countries in Europe are much more sensitive than the older versions. These newer tests are almost always postive by 3 months after expsoure, if HIV transmission has occured.

David

Where do you see it
Possibly starting therapy this year with very low baseline VL