UTI Symptom ??

Im a female who had unprotected vainal sex--with someone who later admitted he had one male sexual experience.hes had no symptoms and says he had no reason to suspect any problem --the guy he was with was also heterosexual,had no reason to suspect he had been exposed ,and in any case there was no ejaculation inviolved -- very brief anal(less than a minute. I came down with a UTI 3 weeks later,Ive had these before ,about three times,not related to this experience,Some went on for weeks with repeated antibiotics traetments and the resultant yeast complications. Same thing here.Doctors urine tests showed bacteria (probably from anal fecal matter,possibly from the vaginal sex--I did rear entry vaginal position, ),he also cited holiday stress,poor diet,high sugar,etc. took two weeks to clear up with treatment with antibiotics and resultant yeast (again related directly to the anti biotic--amoxicllin and bactrim.At the very end I felt really tired for one day with 101 fever--but it was gone in one day and next day I felt great.I assumed this was all OK and wasnt worried until i read about ARS symptoms within 2-4 weeks.Can this UTI be a symptom ?? Ive had nothing else,no "flulike" problems, or swollen lymphs, no chills,no nite sweats etc--just this UTI ---I cant sleep now and am immoblized with fear, Is Urinary tract symptom ARS!!!

Hi-

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are not a sign of acute HIV infection. As your doctor said, during sex germs that can cause UTIs can get introduced into the urinary tract causing infection.

Likewise, your less than a day of fever and fatigue is atypical for acute HIV.

I suggest you get an HIV antibody test. It will let you know what your status is now and as it seems like your exposure was over 6 weeks ago it will tell you whether you were infected during this experience (highly unlikely).

Of course, it goes without saying that all this angst could have been avoided if you used condoms. They work and can provide relief later on when you get to know a bit more about your partner than you knew the night before. DW

Adherence Dosage on Sustiva/Epivir?
Re Acute HIV recent answer