NIGHT SWEATS

I believe that a strain of hiv has been unleashed by terrorists into our public. It is not detectable by testing YET...and I expect a fair number of the "worried well" will actually progress to aids.....hope I'm wrong...but been seeing ALOT of worried well recently. NOT JUST A NUT.

Maybe, but the thing is that as long as there has been a virus known as HIV there has been the worried well. It makes sense. In each of the many emails I receive here at this site from people convinced they have HIV despite the preponderance of data that argues otherwise, the writer confesses to have participated in activity they describe as unsafe, risky or foolish. HIV is sexually transmitted, incurable and has few if any early hallmark signs. People do things they feel guilty about and convince themselves that retribution will come in the form of this most dread of STDs.

The remorseful even develop sweats, rashes and "swollen" lymph nodes no one else can feel. They examine their tongues in the mirror several times a day and start to think that perhaps there's a bit more white on the top than there was the last time - further feeding their role as penitent.

We live in an age where we are simultaneously urged to be impulsive and feel ashamed. We indulge time and time again and then wait for the lightening to strike. I think this is why you and I are seeing more worried well. Either that or, like most things I read about nowadays, its all because of the terrorists. DW

Severe Rash on legs!
Hola...