|Knocking out other viruses
Jan 22, 2003
Is there any literature looking at use of antivirals for chronic herpes suppression as it relates to survival and hiv progression??
| Response from Dr. Young
I'm not aware of any such literature.
There is good data, however that notes that HIV viral loads can go up TRANSIENTLY during herpes flairs. The relationship that this has towards survival is not proven, but I operate under the assumption that the effect is minor, if any. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Ars?
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.