|Knocking out other viruses
Jan 22, 2003
Is there any literature looking at use of antivirals for chronic herpes suppression as it relates to survival and hiv progression??
| Response from Dr. Young
I'm not aware of any such literature.
There is good data, however that notes that HIV viral loads can go up TRANSIENTLY during herpes flairs. The relationship that this has towards survival is not proven, but I operate under the assumption that the effect is minor, if any. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- How Do You Test For Trichomoniasis?
- Is Hpv Tested For When Donating Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.