Drug Recalls ??

Hello: Not a month goes by that there is not another high profile prescription drug is found to cause more damage and ill effects that initially thought and is pulled off the shelf by the FDA. What follows is of course the Vultures and the class action suits. The latest I believe is Baycol. My question is are al the anti retro-viral drugs under the same scrutiny or due to the nature of HIV (limited disease to a perceived Certain type of individual. Or are the rules and laws if any different. I know advisories are updated etc. but has there ever been an Anti-Viral recalled and do you feel there ever could be?

Response from Dr. Boyle

Yes, all drugs receive intencse and continuing scrutiny regarding safety. To this point, no HIV therapies have been recalled. So long as the patient is appropriately monitored, all of the antiretrovirals appear to be relatively safe.

Atazanavir
Treatment Hiatus...