Information on Immune 26

I am simply here to provide you with information about Immune26. Someone here mentioned about it in October and I found it somewhat unprofessional the way you made jokes about a product without further research. Nevertheless...the website you had was simply a company inforamtion website and the information is based around what we do. However for more research oriented individuals like you should be....vist www.hyperimmuneegg.org Thats should provide you with all the clinical research conducted at Harvard Med, Beth-Israel Hospital and the a few others. We are proud of the product we have and hope to make a strong impact in the lives of people in the near future.

Response from Dr. Cohen

I am all for alternative and complementary meds. I've done research on herbal approaches and acupuncture for their potential to be of benefit in HIV infection for the past decade. I've continued this aspect of work in recent research - and plan to do more in this aspect of the field. I state this so you know that I am not "against" natural or alternative approaches - in fact I support all well done research. We need help to find the best treatments whereever they come from.

That said - I have again looked at your web site - and looked at the tabs for both references and clinical studies. Perhaps the web site requires more navigation to get at the summaries of work done to justify this product for people with HIV infection -- but I did not find evidence on here of the benefit that this product has shown for people with HIV infection. Perhaps that research has been done - and if so - I'd be very happy to be a part of disseminating information about what benefits and risks were identified in that work. Just show me how to find it on this site.

However all I did find are a series of hypotheses - all of which may be reasonable - but if not yet tested - are still shy of what is needed to recommend use. It may be enough to justify more clinical studies - to offer this to HIV positive volunteers who get the product under controlled circumstances with adequate monitoring and at no cost to themselves for participation. But unless that work is done - I personally don't think a company should promote or sell a product based on predictions. Research on alternatives is just as critically needed - and feasible - as it is for pharmaceuticals. Researchers like myself are willing to do the work. And then once done we can let people know what is worth it.

So - please - let me know if there are data I've missed - or if instead you are planning to do the research. Until then - it is just my perspective that predictions of benefit are shy of what's needed in this field. Too much is at stake to just guess. We all need proof.

OK?

Second opinion on changing medication
To Blip Or Not To Blip