Who to ask for help?

About 3 months ago, I had surgery for a bleeding ulcer in the colon. Due to pain both before and after surgery I was not eating and fell from a weight of 197 to 167lbs. About 2 weeks after the surgery I developed pneumonia and was treated with anitbiotics, however they did not work and I was hospitalized. By the fourth day in the hospital an Infectious Disease MD walked in one day and stated that my CD-4 and Viral Load indicated that I was HIV+! He felt that I had been living with it for 15 to 20 years already! No warning, no counseling, just straight to treatment! (By the way my HIV blood test has always come back negative.) My question is where can I find someone trained in HIV and Aids that will be willing to speak to me? I have tried the local Aids Hotline, but it refers you to a 900 number at 3.99/minute!! I have told no one of my status and will not until I can sort things out with a professional that knows something. My ID MD just referred me to local shrinks that are not trained, nor gay. Thanks for your help

Thanks for your question and sorry to hear of your situation.

Assuming that you live in the US, there should be ready ac

Starting treatment
Can Immune Boosting medicines completely help stop progression to AIDS?