Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

One additional question Dr. Wohl.

You have been very kind to answer my questions about symptoms but testing HIV neg. Only possible exposure July 15, 2002. All hiv tests neg. Here is a history of my related blood tests Cd4: (Aug. 807 54) (Sept. 658 51) (Oct. 767 54) (Nov. 873 51) (Dec. 637 54) Sed rate: (Sept. 50) (Oct. 30) (Nov. 20) C reactive protien: (Oct. 2.3) (Dec. .50) Total Protien (Dec. 6.8) I have had a full spectrum work up by internists, rheumotoligists, and infectious disease specialists.(no suggestions as to my cause of my illiness) I now have a cold that never goes away and just got a x-ray of the lung that may show an infection. My questions are: 1.Are my Cd4 counts low? 2.If I was the unluckiest person and was infected with the "O" strain of Hiv that would not show up on tests, would my symptoms of (dry mouth, chronic cold, eyes burn at times and now a possible lung infection) be appearing 5 months after infection? Does the sed rate coming down or the total protien in the normal range of 6.0 to 8.3 tell you anything? David thank you for you help.

don

Don-

Your counts and sed rate are not that much different at all from those I would expect to see if I dragged a random person I found walking in a mall in for serial blood tests. Opportunistic infections associated with HIV occur when the CD4 cell count drops to 200 or below (i.e. usually years following acquistion of the HIV virus).

I am not saying there is nothing wrong or that it is all in your head but I do not think HIV is the culprit. In my experience, mysterious diseases either get better or worse. In the case of the former, great. In the latter, the malady oftens declares itself for what it is and then can be treated. Good luck - DW.

Please confirm, Thks!
HIV+ Here Again