need answer- CD4 count 10
Dec 14, 2002
recently had a family member to test postive for hiv. Dr. has advise the other family member to take the test. back in the summer we share a soda should i get tested? Also the dr. said his t cell are at 10 and he has been hiv postive for 5 years with the t cell down that low are there any hope.
Response from Dr. Young
Sharing a soda won't transmit HIV, so I wouldn't recommend testing.
As for your family member, a CD4 count of 10 is very low and indicates very advanced HIV disease and AIDS. His prognosis is guarded, but with proper medications and clinical monitoring, he has a very good chance of recovery. -BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.