cd4 10

JUst checking in . Started my meds in mid September. Vl was 304,000 cd4-10. In november my labs were cd4-65, undetectable. I was undetectable in one month. I take combivir,and Sustiva. Can I look forward to having a long life, or am I not going to do so well?

Thank for the question.

It sure sounds like your having a very nice initial response to therapy-- this kind of viral load response is definately better than average, and the CD4 cell increase is also very good.

Assuming that you can continue to take the medications well without problems with adherence or side effects, I'd think that your prognosis could be very good. This is not to say that this is a certainty, as some persons who have perfect adherence still don't have great results; some speculate whether this is due to the acquisition of drug resistant virus, or variations in drug metabolism. Persons with low CD4 counts, like you are also at greater risk of not having responses to therapy, though recent data about efavirenz-based therapies suggest that this problem may be less of an issue for this drug.

Either way, looks like things are going well; I'd have very reasonable expectations for a very good prognosis and survival. Keep up the hard work with adherence; keep us updated as to how you're doing. -BY

Life span expectancy
PHYSICAL APPEARENCE CHANGE