|re: can 'o worms
Dec 7, 2002
dr wohl, ok, by no measure can hiv be detected in these people (prc, elisa, p 24 antigen, etc.) but do they have risk factors? more specifically, do they fall into high risk groups (men who have sex with men\iv drug users)?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Sure, outside of religious orders where celibacy is pledged AND practiced, risk factors for HIV infection abound. But, thankfully, only the minority of men who have sex with men, injection drug users and even babies born to HIV infected moms are infected with this virus.
Exposure does not = infection. Therefore, risk behavior without exposure carries no risk at all. Thanks - DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Look Like An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.