can 'o worms
Dec 2, 2002
dr wohl, regarding the hiv seronegative aids-like illnesses discussed here, do you think it is important to consider the patient's hiv risk factors? in other words, rare as it is, is this illness effecting people of the same risk groups as those infected with hiv? do these people test positive for significant viral loads? if so, as much a can of worms this is to open, might we be looking at rare cases where someone has hiv but doesn't produce the antibodies (is hiv negative?)
Response from Dr. Wohl
The thing is these people have no HIV detected by any method including PCR (viral load tests). So, it isn't an issue of lack of antibodies to HIV. Thanks - DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.