low cd4 and neg tests.

dr. Wohl

Why didn't you give your opinion to this case? title is 'CD4=140, ELISA Negative, why?' I have a similiar situation and I am very worry and dont know where to go now. Thank you so much.

Hopefully, everyone has seen my post on Nov 11th in response to "What would you do if you were me?" In the response I have started to provide some info regarding HIV negative CD4 lymphopenia (low CD4) with the hope of sharing more info as I find it.

Well throw it out to the universe and the universe answers. Today in my mailbox came the latest issue of "Infections in Medicine" a small journal that highlights clinical problems in infectious diseases. Inside was an article on CD4 lymphopenia. I urge those of you who are interested in this to look at the case described and the discussion - especially the criteria used to make this diagnosis. I have not found this edition (volume 19, number 11) on the web but keep checking http://www.medscape.com/viewpublication/91_index on Medscape where it will eventually appear. DW

Can I finally be sure?
Starting with trizivir or combivir+sustiva