Herbal medication

Dear Dr. Wohl,

My friend had posted a letter to you last week regarding my results, unfortunately we have not recived your valuable comments yet. I request you to kindly reply to this.

My tests results are as follows before and after starting herbal medication:

BEFORE taking meds:

CD4 count 555 CD4 18.6 VL 45,000

35 DAYS AFTER MEDICATION BEGAN

CD4 count 942 CD4 21.6 VL 14,790

Can I safely say that this medication is working. I have not taken any other forms of medications. I take one teaspoon with honey of this medication twice a day. I have not had any sideeffects. MY appitite has increased, my bowels movements are regular and good, I get proper sleep and in general I feel terrific.

I got the HIV virus through neddle sharing. I have stopped taking drugs now since begining treatment.

I most anxiously await your response.

Hi-

I believe I did answer your friend on Nov 5th to say I was impressed and hoped to learn what it was you were taking. The numbers you present are encouraging, especially the CD4 cell count rise.

Nay-sayers willp oint out that the viral load is not really all that changed as there is quite a bit of variablity (by about a factor of 3) in the viral load assay. This means the same sample of blood can be tested again on the same day and give a number that may be anywhere between a third or 3X the number originally obtained.

But let's forget nay-sayers, I say, and their negative energy and congratulate you on your pretty lab numbers. Also on being clean since your diagnosis (which counts for a lot). If I was you or your doc, I would follow the trends.

Please do share with us what your are taking besides the honey. DW

Splenectomy pre-HIV diagnosis
Can I finally be sure?