Please help!

Dear Doctor,

Thanks a lot for you kind help. I had one unsafe sex exposure on Sep.17,2002. The second day I felt a littel uncomforatable at throat, then fever and sweat, specially, there is lot of sputum - whitish, foamy, very sticky and dense, it last about 2 weeks. then I decided to see doctor(but I did not tell them abou the sex exposure), they gave me two bottle mouth wash(One is H2O2), the second day my upper and lower lippers became swelling. There were more white on the lower lips, also something wrong with the teeth. More terrible, then I began to suffer the night sweats, whenever I went to bed, then there was too much sweat. Meantime, there are some exanthem on the thigh and body, also on the back of the head. I made the test on Nov.1(44 days after the exposer), the result is negative. I am very confused, because till today, there are so much white film on the lower lip, it is very clear when I get up in the morning. and also some time in the afternoon or in the evening, there is sweat. I do believe it was the symptom of the HIV infected, but the test result is negative. Dear doctor, please advise what can I do now? How can I get rid of the white film in the lower lip?

Please help me! Because it is very important for me to decide my next step.

The symptoms you describe can be due to a number of different diseases including acute HIV infection. If you only had an HIV ANTIBODY test (such as an ELISA OR EIA) then even in the event you did get infected with HIV, the test would likely be negative as it takes weeks after exposure for the HIV antibodies measured by such tests to emerge.

An HIV viral load or PCR is the best way to determine if you have been recently infected with HIV. If this is done and is negative you can look for other explanations for your symptoms and/or join the growing list of people who write in to this site convinced they are HIV infected despite negative HIV testing. DW

HIV+ ? - Confusion
Herbal Medication